Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:56:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Vangelis Kokkevis <vkokkevis@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] brake pressure sender failure?

The red Brake light in the instrument cluster of my 73
gtv started staying illuminated even after I release
the handbrake.  I traced the problem down to the brake
pressure switch at the front/rear brake line splitter
in the engine compartment (passenger side, bolted onto
the inside of the right fender).  The terminal at the
center of the switch where the orange wire connects to
is permenantly grounded.  The brakes in the car work
fine so I suspect the switch went bad.  Would air
bubbles trapped in the brake lines trigger the switch?
 Does anybody know if these switches are available
seperately?   Alfa Parts does not list them.

Thanks a lot,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA
73 gtv