Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 21:56:53 -0400
From: Scott Johnson <scott@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] fuel line weirdness

I'm in the enviable position of actually being ahead of my car (71 alfa spider), in that everything that I can fix has been fixed. Now I'm looking to do preventative and pro-active maintanence. To that end, I realized the rubber fuel lines in my car are at LEAST 8 years old (as long as I've had it), and probably quite a bit older than that. However, while doing a visual inspection, I was surprised to find that the fuel lines pass *behind* the idler arm assembly. In other words, to replace them, I'll need to remove said assembly. Not a big deal (AFAIK), but really weird looking to me.

Is this normal? I don't remember my 74 being like this at all, but this is such an early 71 (12th off the line), anything is possible.

Also, what is the proper replacement hose size?

Thanks in advance!

Scott Johnson
71 1750 Spider