[alfa] Quad Spider A/C (oooo!)

While the A/C might not work very well it WILL DEFINITLY reduce the resale
value if you pull it out.

Don't do it.

Other's will tell you that it will give you better performance (marginal at
best and most likely not noticeable), much less weight, etc.,.

Don't listen to them!  :-)

Spiders are slow.  Any performance increased resulting from removing the A/C
system will still leave you with a slow car.  But if you remove the A/C
system the people that want a Quad will shy away from your car because it is
no longer stock.  The people that want Quads want them because they are more
collectible, look better and have better amenities.  The people that want
faster race cars are going to buy the Graduates and Veloces anyway.  Why
bring your car 'down' to their price point?  You'll just ruin the
collectibility of your car.  And lose quite a bit of money on the resale as
a result.

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also your car IS collectible.  I have been watching the values of
Quadrifoglios over the last few years and they are definitely on the upswing
in price.  If you remove the A/C system from your car you will only be
hurting yourself!  It is not just older Spiders that are collectible.  They
all are.  Only people who own beaters and older Spiders will tell you
otherwise.  And there are lots of those!!!!!

When I had my spiders I definitely used the A/C system a lot.  If it is
working properly it should be very cold and on hot days, even with the top
down you will definitely feel MUCH cooler.  If somebody tells you otherwise
they either:

1.	Don't have A/C in their Spider and are speculating (or jealous)
2.	Don't own a Spider and are just speculating (and still probably just
jealous)
3.	Have A/C in their spider and it isn't working properly but they
don't realize it

How's that? :-)

The A/C system greatly aides the de-fogging ability of the car as well.

And if/when I do purchase another Spider I will not purchase one that does
not have A/C.  Even if it doesn't work properly I can fix it.  If it's not
there, it's just not there (and neither will the car be!).

-Tim

P.S.  If you remove the A/C system please send me the ground effects
package, hard top, seats, glove box extendable map light, lighted vanity
mirror, red carpet, dash vents, and phone dial wheels since you won't need
them anymore!  :-)

p.p.s.  Is this inflammatory?  :-)