[alfa] Re: Timing (was Exhaust temperature)

> and if I set it for the max, (and I hear a 2L is happier at 34-36) my idle
moves to
> probably 5-6 BTDC!!  So I don't know if it's even working right..  dosen't
sound like
> it!

Sounds like it's working pretty close to right to me. I can't remember the
numbers right off hand, other than the 34-36 one, but what you describe sounds
pretty good. Yes, the 2.0L of our vintage seems to like the 35 range.

How does it run when you set it for max? How does the idle work at 5-6 BTDC?

I replaced the dual point dizzy on my 77 Alfetta GT with a MarelliPlex (and
it works just fine, thank you) and adjusted it for proper timing at 5k rpm.
When I did that, idle timing went way off, but the engine purrs at both idle
and
7k rpm. Go figure.

BTW, I had a local speed shop re-curve the MarelliPlex to match the A16 cam
specs I gave him. The combo is nice and not having to replace/adjust/clean
points is a BIG bonus. :-)

Glad your car is running and that you're having so much fun with it!

Tom
Seattle
6310123
7711615