[alfa] Milano questions

Hello Richard and all my old friends.
Have essentially been away from the Digest since I lost my 750 Sprint and Spider. Still have my '64 TI however and... I just bought an '88 Milano Gold. It is my newest car by far, lol.
I am sorry that I have ignored all the received wisdom of the group on the subject of Milanos because I need to ask a few questions. More questions will come later, I am sure, but...
1 What is the common fault of the air conditioning system? The compressor itself, or something else? Has anyone found a substitute compressor that is easily available, if it is the compressor that is at fault?
2. Is it common for the heater fan to blow, almost not at all?
3. Do Milanos have the same kind of vent door problems I have heard about on the 164?
4. Is it the factory radio, itself that seems like junk, or the speakers or both? Do modern aftermarket stereos fit in without cutting or modifying?

And, the most important for last;
5. My car is an automatic. Only has 85 k on the clock and runs great, but what is the trick to adjusting the upshift and downshift? I cannot get it to upshift to 3rd at under 60 mph. I have fiddled with the cable at the throttle and with the throttle cable too. (both were installed improperly, but nothing I did had an effect on anything except the idle.
I'm a little to old to run around in 2nd like I am trolling for a street race. Hell, No I'm not, but if I was going to do that, I'd be in my nasty Giulia TI, he he
Well, that's it for now. Any advice is much appreciated.

David Sisson
Camas, Wa
'64 TI
'88 Milano