[alfa] Spider Hood alignment

That's the curious thing.. I have never touched the hinge to hood bolts, only loosened the hinge to car. I seemingly had too little spacing at the wiper side, so moved things about.. What you say makes sense though.. and I guess I'll try it again.. could be that moving hinge to body can also effect the spacing too, but in a non linear fashion and I'm on the wrong end of that nonlinearaity..

At least I know it was able to be nearly perfect on one set of adjustments.. just have to get back there

Jon

skippatnode wrote:

Jon,
You can adjust the fore and aft position of the hood with the bolts where the hinges bolt to the hood. And the up and down position with the bolts where the hinge bolts to the car.
The hood latch can also be moved but if you haven't messed with that, it shouldn't have moved and I would leave it alone.
There are also plastic or rubber 'bumpers' screwed into the body on the sides where the hood closes at the fender. They can be screwed in or out to adjust the height of the hood at the fender lines. Make sure the hinges are adjusted properly before moving these.
Skip Patnode
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va