Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Decal & Door Mirror Positioning

Mike Wattam wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Can somebody with a UK specification Stag who positively knows they have
> the door mirror in the correct OE position, please tell me the exact
> measurements of the (manually adjusted) mirror on the door skin?
>
> a) vertical distance from the steel trim at the top of the door to topedge
> of mirror base
> b) horizontal distance from front edge of same steel trim to front edge of
> mirror base
>
> Info very greatly appreciated please.

I had the same problem when I came to drill the holes for my mirrors.
You look at pictures of other peoples Stags and I don't think I have
seen two the same !
I have a BL brochure from 6/77 and it has a large side on picture of the
stag (red MK2 on grass with a stag of the animal variety in the
background) and so using references I managed to scale up the position
from the picture ! I can give you the info from the picture if you like
along with total door height and length etc. This method isn't exact but
it's fairly close !

Someone else was asking about the Leyland badges on the front wings but
the car in the brochure didn't have them fitted.

Regards,

Dave.

--
	Dave Biggs