Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Another Not Starting Problem

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Ross Watson wrote:

> I have, in a moment's inattentiveness, just connected the 'brown wire' on my
> Lumenition to the wrong terminal on the coil, and I suspect, by connecting
> it to the +ve supply, just fried my electronic ignition. An engine that did
> run, now doesn't, and has no spark. I know... I know... stupid, stupid,
> stupid !

Ross

Bad luck - these things happen to us all at some stage! It proves you are
human and you take responsibility for your actions.

I have always had lumenition on my stags (12 years experience) and only once
have I had to replace the electronic control unit due to an intermittent
fault. The car has always idled well. Some say that the electronics overheat
but this has not been my experience. The down side is, as you have discovered,
that lumenition is not as robust as the original points - but as I am sure you
know once you have made the mistake once you won't make it again.

For me, keep the lumenition.

Regard

Graham Nicholson