Stag/Stag Digest Archive

re:restoration frame soft top

Hi Dave,

You understood correctly. I managed to solve the problem by bending it a
little. Now the frame without the hood closes and folds away perfectly. With
the fitting of the hood I had another weekend of fun. My first attempt
resulted in very tight fit by which I could not close it without using
excessive force. The second attempt resulted of course in a loose fit which
however closed perfectly but I did not like the rear window being so sloppy.
The third attempt is somewhere in between. When it is closed it looks
perfect but to get it closed I need quite a lot of force but not to much. I
suppose it will strech in time and so I will leave it like this.

Paul