Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: turn signals-help!; timing chains

In a message dated 6/13/99 3:03:07 PM Central Daylight Time, PGAHOWELLS
writes:

<< How are you getting on?
 You should find a RO for the RH parking lamp. That is the lamp at the front
of the car.
 None of the marker lamps are involved in the turn signal circuits.
 Peter H >>

I decided to take a break, Peter, and am in the middle of doing the timing
chains.  Just spent all day geting the front end all apart and also took off
the oil pan; now that's a job.  Fortunately, my oil pump inlet strainer is
clean as a whistle as is the oil pan.  The pistons and cylinders look new.
So, I'm very relieved.  Just need to go get a harmonic balancer puller to
pull the pulley off the crank and then start on timing chain replacement.  I
got my chains and gears from Rovers West.  The ones on the engine are quite
worn in comparison with the new ones.  With the radiator, assessories and a/c
condenser out, there is alot more access for the electrical work up front, so
I'll get back on that before I put the radiator back in.  Hopefully within
the month.  Thanks,

Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS.