Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Quick fuel question

Hi All
Well I over the last 18mths I have completed 13000 miles using standard
unleaded in an unconverted Stag Engine. No problems.
Beware if you plan to run long periods at high revs. I haven't done this, I
but have heard of people experiencing valve recession under very adverse
operating conditions ie excessive temperature and continued high rev running.
On the motorway I do not drive the car over 3500 revs, save very short burst
up to 4000.
My advice is "Do not use Super Unleaded". I did some years ago and it rotted
carb diaphragms at an alarming rate.
Peter H