Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Camshaft Torque Setting

Nick,

I can confirm what you say about the Triumph ROM
but can't explain it.   "2 lbf ft" isn't going to secure anything!

However, the Haynes manual says:-

Camshaft bearing cap ---------- 14 lbf ft

This sounds about right for the nuts that secure
each bearing cap.  You'll need a torque wrench
that goes that low of course.

It's worth mentioning that even for settings of around
20 lbf ft (such as that inlet manifold bolts) a torque
wrench that goes from 20-150 may not be terribly
accurate at the low end.  This could result in stripped
threads in the cylinder head. (I always use "feel" rather
than torque wrenches for similar such settings)

John Clayton
SOC mem.no.1570
Kent. UK