Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rear End Twitch

Hi Nick

CV joint grease on the splines does work well and is the best grease to use
(27 years on my Stag, re-greased every 5 years or so and still no twitch).
Coppaslip is no good as it dries out very quickly.  Ordinary HMP grease
doesn't seem to have the high pressure capability.

However, if the splines are already badly worn so there is a definite lip,
nothing much is likely to work I'm afraid.

The Datsun roller-jointed shaft mentioned already is a good idea.  Some UK
suppliers are sending out drive shaft assemblies with CV joints in each
end, in my view these joints are excessively over-engineered and in some
cases badly cut-and-shut welded together.

IMHO - Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register