Stag/Stag Digest Archive

'72 Stag 4 spd/OD for sale

My 1972 Triumph Stag MkII is for sale for $5,000.

It's  in good condition with 85,000 miles on it and the following work
done about 15,000 miles ago:
   Rebuilt original Triumph 3.0L V8 (w/ Rimmer Bros "unleaded" heads)
   Rebuit 4 speed + OD transmission
   Rebuilt suspension (new springs, struts, strut bearings, bushings,
etc.)
   New soft top & hard top
   Lots of other new or rebuilt parts (alternator, power steering pump,
carbs)
   Upgrades (oil cooler, 4 core radiator, electric fan)
   A big box of new or rebuilt spares
   Service history
   Factory shop manuals (new & old), other books

It's not perfect - the paint is still shiny but it's old and has some
dings.  Despite the rebuild the engine puffs some blue smoke on the
overrun (probably valve guides or seals).  The A/C was removed long
before I got the car.  The seat foam on the side bolsters is getting
crumbly.  Despite things like that it's a good solid car with no rust in
mechanically and cosmetically very good shape. The price is, of course,
but a small fraction of the money I've spent on it.

So, why am I selling it?

Please insert your favorite cliche about "too many projects, too little
time" here! I'm at a turning point where I either need to start in on the
"rest of the restoration" and take it all the way to 100% or stop.  I've
decided to stop  - I'm in peril of becoming a permanent resident of the
garage (perhaps involuntarily if I embark on another major car project)!

I'm looking to sell my car to another Stag enthusiast; somebody I can
pass the the baton to. I hope to see my old car at a show with a blue
ribbon on it or see it pass by on a country road on a warm summer
evening.

 We're located near Portland, Oregon.  You can see pictures of my Stag
and read more details at:

 http://home.earthlink.net/~lorenzodunn/

Or give me a call or an Email if you would like more information or would
like to arrange to see the car.

Email: lorenzodunn@domain.elided
(503) 685-8729 Office

Thanks!