Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Exhaust

Dear All
Any clues as to why my rear exhaust hanger brackets keep breaking.
First I lost the right side, outer and then inner. These are little pear
shaped holed lugs on the top of the rear subframes.
Mr Hart kindly fitted an insulated mount in an angle bracket bolted to the
subframe which has worked fine.
Then the bracket holding the tailpipes together fractured. (The one which
uses the rubber egg shaped  hangers ).
I had it welded, and now I have lost the left side subframe hanger brackets.
Any thoughts?
My LH exhaust is rattling around in the hole in the subframe that it passes
through.
Peter H