Stag/Stag Digest Archive

It may actually run!

Hi gang,

My '73 Stag may be running today for the first time in 8 years. I bought
the car in 1992 with the idea of restoring it. Got so far as removing the
rear suspension and then it sat in the garage in pieces until last
summer. That's when I got a few dollars together and went to work. All
the mechanicals are like new. The rear and front suspensions are
completely rebuilt, as is the steering, motor, brakes, transmission and
overdrive. The car ware originally Sapphire Blue but now is a pearl
metallic blue that says sapphire to me.

We're taking the car to the All British Field Meet this Saturday in
Vancouver, B.C.

Some things aren't quite done. We ran out of time to install the new
carpeting, for instance. And we'll install the air conditioning later.

What's frightening is what this has cost. I've spent more on parts alone
than what a restored car might have cost. Never do this as an investment!

A couple of tricks I added are chrome plated cam covers and chrome air
cleaner. It adds a little snap to the look of the motor.

Here's hoping that my mechanic is the genious he is being paid to be.

Thomas Santee
Eugene, Oregon

Santee Young Public Relations - "Building Trust & Identity"
PO Box 12013, Eugene, OR 97440
Voice (541)345-2088 or (800)460-6452; Fax (541)345-2498
http://www.santeeyoung.com/