Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Compression tests

Hey, Mike and others - thanks very much for the reply.

Re my distributor advance - the centrifugal advance is fine - the previous
owner decided to disable the vacuum retard unit only by cutting of the
actuator stem - I've seen this on a lot of Aust. Stags so it must have been
some twisted idea of either the local distributor or some local expert at
the time. Maybe there was a good reason.

Re another response from PGA Howells and Frank.M Wichita - thanks for your

Frank, I've tried thje method of trying maximum advance and waiting for
pinging but on this low comp engine by the time you get audible pinging at
low revs the engine pings dangerously at high revs but I have found this a
good method on my 2500 PI.

Another question was why does the mainteenance maual ask for 2 degrees ATDC
as the dynamic timing at idle - is this meant to be done with vacuum advance
conne4cted or not. This setting really tends to kill performance. Any input
here? Was it just to satisfy emission control specs.

Don't get me wrong my car is not a snail of the start but at least the
2500PI kills it up to 2500 Revs.

Does anyone know the cost of injection from Harts or any other source and
the best source for the headers.

I'm still also waiting for anyone with experience or info on Electron soft
tops.

Once again thanks for all; the help 		- I might as well get all
the questions out of my system this week and leave you all in peace.
Joe Santamaria
* Lucent Technologies Australia Pty Ltd
Professional Services
*Tel:   +61 2 93529287