Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Looking for a part

In a message dated 5/11/99 6:57:35 PM Central Daylight Time, philb@domain.elided
writes:

<< Hello Stag list,

 I've been trying to make my overdrive work, and could not get the
 solenoid to engage without binding. The problem ended up that the bracket
 was cracked and the solenoid was not aligned properly with the lever. The
 bracket actually broke off in my hand the last time I was installing the
 solenoid.

 Is it common for these brackets to break? >>

Philip, I have no idea about the answer to your question, but I wonder if you
can help me with something on my A type OD.  My car is still up on jacks;
just got it running a few weeks ago.  My overdrive works, but works in all 4
gears.  On my other OD cars (GT6, A-H 3000), it is locked out in 3rd/4th.  Is
it supposed to be on the Stag, or is it supposed to work in all 4 gears?  I
assume that there is a reverse lockout, so if you accidently engage it in
reverse, it electrically deactivates it.  I haven't broken out the wiring
diagram yet, though.

Also, have you had any trouble bleeding your cluthc slave cyl?  I can't seem
to get all the air out.  All the wheels cyls bled fine.

Thanks,
Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS.