Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Engine Oil & Anti-Freeze / Summer Coolant

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought my Stag less then 1 week ago and I absolutley love it. It
is everything I dreamed of. It is '77 BRG/Tan with original V8 and
supposedly genuine 25200 miles! The body and engine are both in beautiful
condition which is exactly what I wanted 'cos' I'm completely useless at
mechanics etc.

Anyway sorry to bore you all with that but I had to tell someone who cares
'cos' my wife and family are not at all interested and I can't stop talking
about it.

Anyway the real reason for this note is to ask for advice on which engine
oil and anti-freeze / summer coolant to use. I was told by the guy who sold
me the car to use Unipart branded fluids but where would I get them? I went
into Halfords and they had an absolutely massive choice of types of both
fluids but not Unipart and I am totally clueless!

I have read up quite a bit on the car in the last six months or so and I am
now totally confused by all the different advice (mainly because of my lack
of technical ability and knowledge. I plan to get a good garage to look
after the car for me as I plan to do about 8000 miles per annum (daily use),
but I will need to check the levels and top up on a weekly basis, so I will
need to get some fluids sorted out soon.

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Wayne Burman
Aylesbury
England