Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: IT RUNS!! WOOHOO!!!

> From: Angus Holliday <trstag@domain.elided>
> To: FMags2@domain.elided
> >
>   I've heard E-Types and
> >Stags do not ned a lead additive.
> You heard right.

I agree about Stags but not, with respect, about
E-types.  Jaguar can only say they fitted hardened
exhaust valves and seats sometime in 1967.  They
can't give an engine number.  This means that there
were at least six years' of E-types produced without
hardened valves and seats.

My 1967 Series One E-type definitely doesn't like
Unleaded; I have to retard the timing by some 8
degrees and it doesn't run as well.

I won't go on as this is the STAG digest, but will
discuss this further "offline" if anyone's interested.

John Clayton
SOC member no.1570
Kent. UK