Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: MKI vs. MKII ???

Hi there,

Mike or Glenn can probably give a better definition of these then I, but
here's a first shot with hopefully someone correcting my errors. Bear in
mind my knowledge refers to UK spec cars.

MKI

Air intake has two trumpets on box taking air from engine bay
Non-Pressurized overflow bottle  (13lb rad cap)
Steel wheels STD Alloys optional extra
Hard top with soft top as optional extra (that why there's a shortage of
hood frames!)
Gauges have black surrounds and white lights (same as PI)
Alternator has separate control box (mounted on inner wing) and ignition
relay.
Number plate light on rear bumper plinth
Seat belts clip into box between seats (black with white surround)
Wiring loom has rubber multi-block connectors and connector for fog
light (in engine bay)
Separate ballast resistor for 6 volt coil
Overdrive optional extra on 4-speed manual
Light switch has fog and park settings
Interior light is on b-post's
Crank has four bolts for flywheel

MkII

Air intake has temperature switch to draw air over exhaust manifold (US
had this earlier)
and pipe work to front of radiator to regulate air temperature
Higher compression engine incl.; domed top pistons and H/C Heads (more
power?)
Pressurized Cooling expansion bottle (20lb rad cap)
Different radiator
Alloys wheels STD
Hard top with softop as STD
Front seats have head-rests
Gauges have black/chrome surrounds with green lights (same as 2500S)
Alternator has 18 ACR alternator with integral control box.
Stainless-Steel sill trim and pin-stipes
Number plate light in boot-lid
Seat belts clip into stalks
Wiring loom has plastic multiblock connectors
Wiring loom has internal ballast resistor for 6 volt coil
Overdrive STD on 4-speed manual
Light switch has no fog or park settings
Interior light is on T-bar (possibly moved due to head-rests?)
Seat belt light on dash and switches in seats
Crank has six bolts for flywheel

Stag badges have either black or silver backgrounds (don't know which
ones which)

I believe that various MkII changes appeared in later MkI's creating a
Mk I½ , very rarely does a manufacturer change production cleanly
between models. I'm sure I've missed lots and there are thousands of
local variations (usually in the trim, lights or safety area's)

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided

	From:	Tom Casey [SMTP:ragtop88@domain.elided]

	OK, got a newbie question.  What is the difference between the
MKI and MKII
	I keep reading about??  Thanks in advance.  Trying to be more
informed for
	when I find the right stag.