Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: IT RUNS!! WOOHOO!!!

O.K., one more question:  With my fuel pump continuing to tick over with the
key in the 'run' position, indicating a leak somewhere (although I can't see
any fuel externally), a. where would it be going? - eventually down the
intake manifold?
and b.  is it safe to run the car in this condition without fear of a fire?
I won't leave it in the run position with the engine not running, of course.

As far as the lead additive, I do realize that it is the valves and the seats
and not the head that I have to worry about, but I wonder with aluminun
heads, did they put in hardened seats back then?  I've heard E-Types and
Stags do not ned a lead additive.

O.K., so it was 3 questions; thanks for your patience.

Frank M.