Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: automatic gear box-general questions

Hi
The thud should be a muffled thump. It sounds to me as if your tickover speed
is higher than the 800rpm recommended, or your are moving the selector whilst
depressing the accelerator. Another cause could perhaps be play in the  drive
line UJ's (Propshaft).
A small leak of oil from the Engine may turn out to be the valve cover
gasket. It is very tricky to find the source of leaks sometimes. I don't
think you have a warped head, you would know about it, like no compression.
Retorque heads at 12k to 50/55ftlbs
Peter H