Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Public Slamming

Hi Glenn,

I feel I have to reply to your posting as you cc'd it to me.

<soapbox on>
John's email was in reply to mine. I perceived his reply to be helpful,
It told me that they advertise in the SOC magazine and clarifies a
Now if John has typed "another magazine!!!%^%$%$!" then I would of taken
his statement in a totally different way.
Please remember that email is a medium where you cannot see the eyes ,
stance and expression of the person you are mailing.
People can put words down in an email that can be misinterpreted. You
saw an attack on Mike, I saw a clarification.
In the past 6 weeks I have yet to see anything in John's submissions
that attack Mike. There have been 3 submissions using johns email
address where Mike Allen has attacked Mike (yes I even thought they were
an attack :-)  ).
I would prefer that you don't put   "In My Humble Opinion," when it , in
my opinion, it is obviously just your opinion and definitely not humble.
You obviously interpret

>Hi Ian
>I read your write-up also in another magazine.

as just a sentence and

> Cardinal Triumph advertise regularly in the Stag Owners Club magazine
> (recently referred to by Mike Wattam as "another magazine" in his mail
> to Ian Soady)  so all SOC members know about them.

as a personal attack on John.
I consider them as harmless as each other.

You see the computer geek world cottoned on to this mis-interpretation
early on in Internet land and that is why :-) :-(  <grins> <flamesuit>
and other such visual adjectives (or is that verbs... I dunno) have
infiltrated email land.
</soapbox>

I personally would appreciate that in future if you have any issues with
John's or anyone's postings that you address it with them personally and
leave the list out of it as well as those referred to in the original
mailing.

Please note this is my own personal opinion and definitely not my
employers