Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: list

Hello all,

John Eklund wrote:

>has anyone compiled a list of components that the stag has in common with
>the 2500?

One reason this is difficult to achieve is that (to the best of my knowledge etc) the same parts were originally given different part numbers on different ranges of cars. This was not done for
reasons of deliberately wanting to be awkward, but rather to simplify things from the manufacturer's viewpoint.

Some time ago I tried comparing the Stag and T2000 parts manuals myself, and with the exception of things like nuts, bolts, and washers (for which the manufacturer has a common numbering system as
most helpfully documented by the Vintage Triumph Register at http://vtr-www@domain.elided./maintain/nuts-n-bolts.html ), I had little success.

For this reason a straight comparison of the parts manuals won't help - it actually needs (a) a direct comparison of parts believed to be equivalent, or (b) access to the manufacturer's own
cross-reference information. SOCTFL has been working on (b) but has not yet found contacts who are prepared to help. The comparison needs to include other models including Rover and Land Rover.

Regards,
Phil Wardle
SOCTFL