Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: console,shock/ springs bushes

Hello Sujit,
	Sorry Sujit, I was meaning to reply, just been busy.

	The center console is removed by prising up the smaller panel PN 632977 located
forward of the shifter.  On mine it is a black panel that overlaps the shifter
bezel woodwork with a plastic trim that is attched to the forward panel.
Shifter bezels are PN 626949 Manual, or PN 722692 Auto.  Under it you will see
two screws holding down the shifter bezel woodwork.  Under that you will see
more screws holding down the center console.  The center console is bolted on
the upper corners to the dash in two places.  Once you remove the screws at
holding it to the tranny unnel, you will see how the console povits on the dash
securing points.  then you need to remove the heater and vent cables, heater and
vent knobs just pull off, and the antennae or radio may have a connection to the
dash which is a real bear to get to.  then there are the electrical connections
to py attention to so you do not rip them out.

Shocks and springs, well, pull them out, stand them side by side, look for
bends/bows, wear points, etc.  If you will feel better replacing the springs, do
it.  If you have the money, I'd renew all wear parts on the suspension unless
you are absolutely sure of their condition.  It might be worth while to get a
professional opinion as to suspension components condition anyway.

In My Humble Opinion, Yours for speculation ...

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC