Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Indicator stalk.

My '72 Stag amongst other problems has a faulty indicator stalk. Firstly it
will not stay in the up position and secondly it will not return
automatically. I took off the cover and have found the return prongs are
broken off and the diecast is worn in such a way that the sprung plunger
will no longer hold the indicator in the up position.On top of all this the
horn wire is broken off the rear and looks very difficult to repair as it is
set into the plastic molding. I enquired about a new one and was told
Aus$250 which is far too much for me to handle.The local wrecker thinks a
late MGB one may be the same so I will go there tomorrow to check it out, he
wants $80 used. Does anyone know if any other vehicle ie.Triumph sedan,etc
is the same?
Ps: I had a set of 195/75/14's put on the car today and am really pleased
with the ride and handling.