Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Steering Racks

I think I started that one. There is a Triumph service bulletin to the
effect that; if the PAS system has been run dry then the pump needs to
be replaced at the same time. This was due to the pump "Scuffing"
leaving small particles which then caused the new rack to leak.

The example that had caused the bulletin, had in fact been through THREE
racks. Which was why the fault had been referred to the manufacturer.

If the pump has not run dry then I would suspect that a thorough
flushing out of the pump would be okay. As far as I recall the article
did say that the leaks stopped when all the particles had been flushed
out of the system. But I'd worry about damage to the seals while this
was happening.  The bulletin was published in "Torque" the Club Triumph
magazine, If anyone wants a copy I'll try and provide it.

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided