Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Intro

Hello list; and thanks to George Robinson for steering me to it.  I'm a new
Stag owner; bought it about 6 month's ago and finally started working on it.
The PO had done some work on it, did 90% of a repaint and then it sat for the
next 8 years or so.  So, I'm putting it back together; hope to have it up and
running by May.  The car is a U.S.spec car, and I'm in Wichita, Kansas.  I
also have a GT6 and a TR6 which I've had since the mid 80's and a bunch of
other British iron; just another hopeless Britich car nut!  My Stag is turning
out to be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions
for the list.  Fortunately, there is another Stag in town that I can refer to
for details, but the engine is out and the engine bay is where most of my
questions are.  I'd now like to show my complete ignorance on Stags with the
following questions:
1.  I believe that my car, LE12641UO, would be a late MkI?  I saw the postings
on radiators today and wonder if I have the corect one.  It has a 12# cap on
the RH side and an overflow bottle over on the L side on the frame.  Is this
the correct radiator and cap?  The car has not run for about 10 years, so I
don't know if it gurgles.  Any sounds emenating from the engine bay would be
welcome at this point.
2.  On the top of the B posts there is a half inch diameter hole in the top
cover with a small screw hole on either side.  There is also a green/white
wire with a male spade connector coming out of the hole.  In a box of parts
that came with the car, there are two sockets that fit in the hole on top of
the B posts and the screw holes line up.  The end of this socket has a female
spade connector with a green/white wire.  The socket does not appear to be a
light socket.  Is this socket to engage a post from the hardtop to enable a
ground for the rear window defroster circuit?  Did all Stags come with the
switch and light on the dash for the rear window defroster?
Thanks in advance,
Frank Magnusson