Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Apology Requested

RE: Mr. John Clayton & Mike Allen
To All,
	The Stag-Digest has always been a clearing house of information offered and
accepted FREE by both sides.  Hobbyists subscribing to the list are free to
take information with a grain of salt depending upon the credentials and
history of the author.  I can state that the information of several authors
has always been accurate and above reproach.  I always listen to the advice of
Mr. Hart (of course) and those well versed hobbyists who are willing to share
and those are Glenn and especially MIKE!!  I always check out the advice of
other hobbyists prior to putting it into use and have never found error in
their opinions - because they are offered as just that.  An OPINION.  Both of
these hobbyists authors always coach their responses in phrases such as "in my
opinion" or "I have found" , etc., etc.  In no case have I found these two
hobbyists to refer to themselves as "Self Styled" or "expert". The only such
reference to any type of title can be found in your own posting as "SOC
Technical Co-ordinator".  Such a title certainly gives you credentials which
would make your advice worthy of a second look but it hardly gives you
credentials to smear such a well written authors of almost daily Stag Digest
offerings as our two amateur champions.  Our two hobbyists have an unsullied
reputation for sharing sound advice on a consistent basis while the "Technical
Co-ordinator" has never been heard from on this list until now.  Just bad
manners? Or too tight to share information?  Either way, such a departure from
common etiquette begs for an apology regardless of whether or not you can
produce a set of brake pads which are "handed".  Being inconsiderate and ill-
mannered is NOT balanced out by being right.

Gerry Uenaka
1971 4 spd, red
owned 21 years