Stag/Stag Digest Archive

73 stag manual gearbox

i have just disassembled my 73 stag manual gearbox, and compared the
components to a disassembled tr6 gearbox. i made careful notes of the
differences between the two. many parts are identical. i don't know how well
this applies to mk1 stags. here in the usa tr6 parts are plentiful, yet stag
parts are not. some stag owners may want to buy tr6 gearbox parts for a
rebuild due to cost/availability. send me and e-mail if you are interested,
and i'll tell you the differences. there is a lot of information, and i don't
want to bore uninterested stag owners on this website, as most stags have auto
trannys. jeff ware, 73 stag, usa.