Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Electronic Ignitions and Distributors

Greetings,

I am now quite confident my Luminition ignition system has expired. I've
been looking into alternatives, and it has been suggested to go with the
Ignitor (I believe it's made by Pertronics???) system. This is the
electronic ignition system that completely fits under the distributor cap,
nothing visable under the bonnet. The main reason is price, it is US$89.

Knowing there is an issue with the electronic tach, I questioned the
supplier. He claims he has sold many Ignitors to Stag owners, and has never
had one returned as a result of the tach not working.

Has anyone fitted an Ignitor to a MkI Stag?

Also, I discovered Stags used either a vacuum advance distributor, or one
fitted with vacuum retard. According to the description I heard, I have the
vacuum retard version. Would that be correct for my engine? I've got a MkI,
Commission # LE13213UO.

Yea, I know, I know. What's the engine number??? I havn't found it yet...
Where is it???

Thanks again.
 Henry Frye - thefryes@domain.elided - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI  	Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B   	Driver
 TR250 X 3	The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage	http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/