Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Lumenition and Vacuum Advance

Chris,

I had a look at mine last night (ooh err!) and it sounds like either
your upper plate is in the wrong position or the Luminition optical
switch is mounted incorrectly. Or maybe the wiring entry and the vacuum
unit holes in the distributor have been swapped (if possible ?) !

As you look at the distributor from the passenger side the wire entry
point is at 3 o'clock, the lobe on the case is at 4 o'clock, the optical
switch is at 9 o'clock (a long way from the lobe) and the vacuum unit is
at about 1 o'clock. So when the vacuum unit operates it pulls the top
plate clockwise and so moving the optical switch away from the lobe ! I
also looked at the Luminition kit instructions and it confirmed that the
switch should be about opposite the wire entry.

I can fax you the Luminition fitting kit instructions if you like.

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer