Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Front Brakes Query...

I'd take them back, and ask for a refund/replacement. If they should be
handed then you would expect 2 of each. I've never had any experience of
the material on the backing being handed. But I have had the backings
being handed where they have a 'notch cut out of one corner (closest to
the hub) and if that 'notch is'nt there the pads don't seat fully into
the calipers. I can't remember if the  'notch is to the top or bottom.

If Halfords aren't any help then get you money back and go to a proper
Autofactors. These pads are commonized with quite a few cars. Triumph
2000/2.5 also I believe Ford Transit and Rover 2.3/2.6 SD1 (not sure
about the V8). You should be able to get good quality pads such as
Ferodo from an Autofactor and they're used to identifing/resolving this
type of problem.

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided