Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Front Brakes Query...

Hello All,

I'm hoping that some of the long term Stag owners can answer this relatively
trivial question for me. I have just started to replace the front pads on my
Stag (for the first time) and had got to the stage where they were all
removed before I noticed that they were 'handed'.
I notice that the lining itself is closer to one end of the pad backing,
than the other - does this make sense?
My question is - which way round do the pads go? My guess is that the end
with the lining furthest away from the edge is the bottom - is this correct?
I've looked in the Haynes manual and the ROM and can't see any reference to
it.

To add further confusion to my problem, the new set of pads I have purchased
appear to have 3 left hand pads and 1 right. Thank you very much Halfords.
I've noticed an L stamped into the pad backing on 3 of them and their lining
positioning are the same. Does the L mean left hand and if so, is the left
side the one viewed from the back of the caliper to the front of the car -
in which case it would tie in with my original theory...

Handed brake pads... whatever next!

Please help
Chris