Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Introduction

Hi
I can unerstand why you would want to put in a Rover engine, but if that was
my car I would have that Stag motor rebuilt.
I am sure it would then run for 200k miles, as long as you made sure the water
jackets were cleared out of any original casting sand as well as all engaging
in all the usual rebuild processes.
After rebuild any sign of overheating must be corrected.
You can put in the Rover, but its too light, and the suspension needs
changing, as well as solving the bonnet bulge problem.
Properly set up Stag engines are as smooth as silk, and can run well for very
long distances without problems. It means using the right Antifreeze, setting
up heads and cam clearances properly, and assembling all parts exactly right,
like Timing Chain tensioners, water pump cover, thrust washers, in fact all
the moving parts need exactitude of assembly.
Good luck
Peter H