Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: any idea's on the best deal on insurence ??

Firstly I would like to say thanks to Stag Digest for keeping me sane over the past nine months as I have been getting my 76' MkII engine rebuilt.

I live on the Gold Coast (Aus), and had an absolutely fantastic job done on my original engine after two friends and I, cooked it one day going to Pacific Fair (whoops, believe me, it wasn't pretty).

The job took around 9 months as I struggled to get money sussed out for the parts, thankfully my mechanic was as patent as he is skilled with engines.

The car is now back for it's first service after 500 k's, after a trip to Brisbane and Mt Tamborine (and ain't that real nice driving terrain with the roof down 1000 ft above sea level, driving through rain forest on a sunny 25oC day, 8kms on downhill winding road, and all you can hear is the sweet
sound of a 3 ltr Stag just burbling through the trees).

Anyhow, what I would like to know is any advice on the best rate's on insurance for a 25 yr old, with a Stag. The last time I was looking was late last year, I was 24, and quote's were around the $2500 mark - per year !!!!!! Ha !

Any ideas would be appreciated, and if any Staggers on the coast need the engines rebuilt, try Gary at All 1 auto's in Southport =55 271 755   . Personally, I think the guy is too honest to be in the industry, but then that isn't a bad thing for us is it ?

Regards - Mark
' 76  Flamenco orange
330 EKC