Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: fuel indicator

Hello Alastair,
	Well, if the light flicker is your only concern, I don't see any problem!

Anyway, problem is that the light is driven right off of the fuel sending unit.
When the tank gets low, there are now baffles to stop the fuel from sloshing
around, so the float moves across the lower limit and makes the light flicker.
Just fill the tank!

Modern cars have a computer that turns on the light when the "average" level is
low for more than a preset time, so no annoying flicker.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC