Stag/Stag Digest Archive

membership to motoring organisations

Gents

greetings

here is a question mainly directed at all australian stags owners except for the NSW ones 'cos I know the answer, but I would be interested in hearing whjat the situation is overseas .

In NSW and the ACT the NRMA is the motoring body providing road side service.  Their membership system is that the membership is on the Vehicle and not the member, that is, they will only respond to a call providing the rego number of the vehicle is on their listings.

Many years ago when I left South Australia, and I believe it is still the same today, the membership is on the person, that is, it did not matter which vehicle or for that matter who's vehicle I was driving at the time of break down.

Someone has stated to me that the NRMA organisation is out of step with all other organisation including those over seas.  This person stated that as a member of the NRMA, he experienced a break down in another state while driving a car that had not been listed with the NRMA and the visiting state assisted without question.

your comments please.]

keep staggering  Brian