Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Unleaded Petrol

Hello Tim and All,
	Well, I have to agree, as the Triumph Stag Handbook, Edition #9, copyright
1976, published for "all markets" clearly states on page 70:

Recommended Fuel
	The engine is designed to operate on fuel having a minimum octane rating of 97
(Research Method):  This is equivalent to the British Standard 4-star rating.

I believe that BS 4-star rating refers to high octane leaded fuel composition?

In my Humble Opinion, Yours for Speculation

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC