Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rubber Components

Dean Cunningham wrote:

> Thanks for the information Phil, much appreciated.
> It is great to see committee members/directors of the SOC participating
> in the mailing list.
>
> I just thought that a list of SOCTFL Tick parts would be helpful your
> members so they could identify the parts that were available to be
> purchased from "any" supplier to the SOCTF standard. For those that were
> not listed then the member would be aware that the part could be of
> variable quality

Spot on Dean - when I started restoring ULR 365 M two years ago, I too was
frustrated at the lack of such a list. So, after being a member of SOC for
about 12 years, I decided that it was time to volunteer to do something
constructive. I joined SOCTFL a year ago & have become involved in trying to
solve this type of problem.

This is one of the things I still want to achieve. It isn't straightforward
though - there's a large amount of info carried in other people's heads that
needs to be downloaded ! We've made a start and I hope we'll be able to
publish at least a basic list soon. There's also some complex history to
understand - like who made which part, sold it to who, and who them resold it
to who within the trade.

That's why the SOCTFL "tick" is so important - tracking where the parts go
after they are made won't matter a hoot if all people have to do is look for
the "tick".

Thanks for your encouragement !

Phil Wardle
Director, SOCTFL