Stag/Stag Digest Archive

New Cylinder Heads

Hi All

The fact is, there are very few good cylinder heads laying around to go on
your engine if the old ones are unrepairable.  These heads have been
produced at great cost (and not by Abinger Hammer Motors incidentally)
without the original drawings which in itself created a lot of difficulty
and expense, because they WILL be needed in the future.  They are upgraded
there is no doubt about that, and they are also correctly heat-treated to
give them far better stability.

I am sure that in the fullness of time, the price of these heads will come
down closer to a price some people are prepared to pay, but at the moment I
am sure nobody is going to rush out to buy any unless they really have to.

I think we should be very pleased someone has made thislarge financial
investment on our behalf, this is not regularly done.

The cylinder heads are one of three things which threaten the continued
long term use of the Stag (apart from government that is!).  The others are
cylinder blocks and body shells.  Watch this space.

Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register