Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: need a technician

Hello John,
	There are several classic shops in Idaho, Washington and Oregon.  Contact Tom
Eller tbeller@domain.elided of the Tyee Triumph Club in WA State, or 206-338-3366
-- Jack Adams, VTR Liaison, jackdian@domain.elided.  Either should have some ideas
closer to your area.  Might be something in Spokane that they might be able to
refer you to.  My advice is to deal with shops that you can get references from
other Triumph owners, get a written estimate before the work is started, and
expect to put $2000 to $3000 into repairs to have it done right.  A pair of
reconditioned heads will cost about $500 each complete, plus gaskets at about
$80,  rodding out the radiator ($75), flushing out the system ($50), antifreeze
$5.00, thermostat ($5.00), and about 8 hours labor at $50-$75 an hour
($400-$600), then towing charges to the garage at about $2 a mile.
	I've posted your request for a mechanic referral from a Triumph owner in WA or
OR on the Stag list.  Also try

Northwest British Classics
1924 Lakeside Ave., Coeur D Alene, ID 83814
208-664-5062 -- Donnel Schmidt, VTR Liaison

Hope this helps.  Don't be afraid to ask questions, refer them back to the list
if things don't sound quite right.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC