Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Looking for a points plate

Hello Henry,

	Sounds like you are zooming in on the problem.  Of course, there are always
"The Car Guys" Tom and Ray, to help you trougleshoot!  ;-}

	For electrical issues, the Lucas  coil spade connections are famous for
loosening as they are only riveted in place.  Corrosion builds there between the
rivet and space lug base.  If the spade lug on the coil can be turned on the
post, this may be the source of the intermittant circuit, and may need a touch
of solder.  All of the fuse clips are likewise susceptable corrosion points at
the copper rivet holding the fuse clip.  There is a Triumph Technical Notice
about this problem.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*J*O*I*N**Y*O*U*R**L*O*C*A*L**T*R*I*U*M*P*H**C*L*U*B**T*O*D*A*Y*
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC