Stag/Stag Digest Archive

[Fwd: Triumph Prices]

Hi Glenn and all

Well, some of the prices quoted (for Stags only) look very hopeful indeed
if my experience is anything to go by in the UK and Europe.  Having said
that, Oldtimer Markt is a highly respected publication.

There seem to be a lot of people trying to get out of Stags at the moment
and virtually no buyers, it must be the deteriorating financial situation.
What is asked and what is achieved is normally very different unless the
owner was realistic in the first place.

Mainland Europe prices seem to be at least 25% lower than the UK, the
exceptions appear to be Holland where prices are same/above the UK, and
France where the prices are definitely very low - but not many about in
France it has to be said.  They had the Peugeot 504 Cabby - short for
cabriolet, not cabbage.  I don't know, though.

What I've seen of USA prices, they are an absolute 'steal'.  But then I
haven't looked at cars in the metal, nor been able to think too much about
the effect of non-standard engines in the USA - does this make the prices
better or worse.  We both know the logical answer to this, but what does
the ignorant punter think?

Any UK members should be aware of the 'agreed value' insurance availability
with club schemes in the UK, and this avoids market fluctuations as quoted
or the whim of the person writing the values in.  With 'Agreed Value' the
car is valued by the motor club belonged to, the details submitted to the
insurance company and if the worst happens, this is what you get back in
cash.

I am not aware whether 'agreed value' insuranceor something similar is
available outside the UK, is it anybody?

Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register