Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Heads

Hello Duncan,
	If the holes appear to be "drilled", I'd venture a guess that it is not
original, but an after market modification.  Rover V8 heads had some extra holes
added by dealers and engine shops to assist oil flowing back into the sump, but
I don't know of any such mods for Stags.  Maybe this is a modification carried
over from a Dolomite Sprint or TR7 cylinder head mod?  I've not seen anything in
the Technical Bulletins for any Triumph model, but maybe there is one hiding out
there. If you can pinpoint the location of the holes within a quarter inch or
less, I can take a look on some of the heads I have, '72 and '73 series.  This
is one of the areas I had planned on investigating on a spare set of heads, on
the "to do" list.

Duncan Miller wrote:
> One of my heads has holes drilled under the cams to drain off oil. but
> none of the other heads has this. Is this a original drilling or some
> modification?

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC
*
*"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
*See it at the site below:
*http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html
*
*REGISTER YOUR STAG on the STAG DATABASE (courtesy of Dave Sims):
*http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/gcj72/index.shtml
*
*Support your Local and National Triumph Clubs
*
*Vintage Triumph Register membership inquiry's:
*Andrew Mace, President
*http://www.vtr.org/brochure/membership-form.html
*
*Triumph Stag Club, USA membership inquiry's to:
*Bruce Krobusek, President
*Mike Coffey, Chairman; VTR Stag Vehicle Consultant
*mailto:brucekro@domain.elided
*
*Triumph Stag Register UK membership inquiry's to:
*Mike Wattam, Chairman
*mailto:101714.1343@domain.elided