Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Leaky Hardtop

Hi all
I fitted new seals to my Hardtop. I thought they were just a fraction
smaller in section than the original and seemed to be made of harder blacker
and more shiny material than the originals. They came from James Paddock.
I now get water leaking under the front over the header rail and it also
comes in at the top front of the door, where the seal curves up and across
the header rail. This water trickles down the inside inside of the over the
door trims which I reboarded (!!@**??!) and goes into the door pocket. I am
not happy with this.
I assume these are replacment seals which are not original and probably made
of a non suitable material.
Any comments? Does anyone know where the proper original material seals cans
be obtained?
Peter