Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Curious Metal Loop CONTEST

Hello All,
	With these loops being so inaccessible and light sheet steel, I doubt that they
are shipping tie downs, but shipping the body between factories, that could be
possible as the rear subframe would not have been attached and these loops would
be more accessible.  I wonder if there was a special pin, clamp, tool or hook
designed just to fit in this loop?
	There is a picture (#7) of Stag Bodies Arriving at Canley showing the trolly
frame used to hold the body during shipping in the Triumph Stag Super Profile on
page 34.  I'll bet it attached to the rear diff frame mounts and front
outriggers though.

	I think I must offer a reward for anyone who can supply documented proof
verifying the purpose of these loops.  How about I offer a chrome plated Leaping
Stag Lapel pin to the first person to supply the documented proof.   Qualifying
documents are:  Stag or other Triumph Model ROM or parts catalog page and
section reference, Triumph/BL drawing or technical notice or factory/shipping
picture showing the loop and or attaching component.  This contest void where
such contests are illegal.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

REGISTER YOUR STAG on the STAG DATABASE (courtesy of Dave Sims):
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/gcj72/index.shtml

Support your Local and National Triumph Clubs

Vintage Triumph Register membership inquiry's:
Andrew Mace, President
http://www.vtr.org/brochure/membership-form.html

Triumph Stag Club, USA membership inquiry's to:
Bruce Krobusek, President
Mike Coffey, Chairman; VTR Stag Vehicle Consultant
mailto:brucekro@domain.elided

Triumph Stag Register UK membership inquiry's to:
Mike Wattam, Chairman
mailto:101714.1343@domain.elided