Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: ROM errors

Tim,
Here's some more errors for your list.

ERRORS IN HAYNES MANUAL "TRIUMPH STAG 1970 TO 1978"
(In my opinion, of course)

Page 54. Section 15. Para.12
"11000 rpm" should be "1100rpm"

Page 138. Section 40. Para. 4
In the description of the night dimming relay the words
"the resistor of the unselected flasher circuit" in lines
6 and 7 should not be there; at least not if the drawing
is correct.

Page 139  Fig.10.28
The drawing of the fusebox is laterally reversed.
Photo 45.1 proves it.

Page 177   Fig.11.4 Item 28
There is a drawing of the front suspension clearly
showing a bush where the drag strut joins the lower
suspension arm!  I understand the Triumph 2000 has
this,but the Stag certainly doesn't. (Perhaps it
would have been better if it did)
Indeed the caption for this item mentions a
Commission number of MB 8252. That's not a Stag
commission number.

John Clayton
SOC mem.no.1570