Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #73

Re: Purist / Fanaticism  - Sense of Humor Check

I don't often write in, but I had to take a jab at this one!

How could one who takes such firm stands on keeping these cars original consider installing
a non-stock air conditioning compressor?

It's not even an essential and no longer available part!

What's next?  Alternator?  Radiator? Transmission? E N G I N E ???

(They're all out of view - no one will know !!!!)

Where do we draw the line?

Change the A/C compressor for better mileage? More power?  Hey - shove in a Jap car engine
complete with A/C - why only benefit in hot weather?

Go figure . . . . . . . . . .

Best wishes,

Bruce Koehler
72 Stag since 1986